Wednesday 16 March 2011

Project X Rolex Submariner: filling time

You might remember in the dim and distant past that I smashed the crystal of my Tudor Submariner on the bathroom floor. As far as I can remember, that was early December. Since then I have had the watch fixed and returned it twice because the date didn't magnify.

The upshot of this is that when I took the watch back to the jeweller's back in January he said he would send it to Rolex for their opinion. I can only guess he was in denial that the crystal his watchmaker had put in could be fake.

He called the other day, two months after I had taken the watch in, to tell me that Rolex were going to put a new glass in it. And that it would take five months for them to do it. Actually he didn't say that. He said 20 weeks which sounds like less time but I can assure that's about five months, give or take a week.

So that's the whole spring without a watch. I've considered buying another one and selling it when I get mine back, but somehow I know I won't get round to selling it.

But that hasn't stopped me looking, and these Project X Stealth watches would do for the interim, although I shiver at the sight of those Nato straps after what happened to mine.
Via Slamxhype

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment