Tuesday 22 December 2009

The dining room fitness circuit

I've just seen someone jogging through the snow on the TV. Not because he was late or anything - he was kitted out in sportsgear. This man was jogging for the sake of jogging.

Now I know it can become an addictive pursuit, and I'm not averse to a little run myself, but in this weather? Are you mental? There's ice everywhere. It's difficult enough to remain upright during casual walking, never mind a turn of speed.

So no, I haven't been running, or cycling for that matter. That really would be taking my life in my hands.

Instead I have devised a little fitness circuit within the four walls of my house. This involves:

Five minutes warm up running up and down the stairs and doing swirly things with my arms.

Fifty pushups.

Ten pullups under the table (lie under the table, grab the edge, pull up). requires a sturdy table.

Ten dips between two chairs.

Ten dumbbell curls with each arm.

Ten dumbbell shoulder presses.

Ten dumbbell bench presses.

Ten dumbbell lateral raises.

Thirty situps.

Thirty elevated situps.

One minute plank (body straight, only feet and forearms touching the floor, remain still).

Repeat three times.

Warm down with stretches.

Now this might not seem like much but it's had me aching for the past two days. That could of course mean that I'm totally out of condition.

And in this weather it's a damn sight safer than pounding the streets.

Unless that table breaks.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment