Sunday 6 December 2009

For sale: One Prada jacket, history included

The system of 'out with the old, in with the new' that I employ in order to fund my wardrobe can often prove a tough call.

When it comes to some items, they have become more than just clothing. They unlock fond memories, key moments. Like going back a couple of pages in my history.

The sale of this Prada bomber is a case in point. I still remember the very day I bought it. Late spring I think, quite warm, 2004. Paul, Andre and my new love interest Lizzie had got the train to London, ostensibly to find Paul some new bits.

Him and Andre managed a couple of shops before plotting up with a pint in an Australian pub in Covent Garden, and I dragged Lizzie right across the West End to Prada, where this vision in black satin hung before me. There was no question, had to have it.

That jacket then accompanied me on many a memorable adventure, on holiday to the Isle of Wight, promenading in Pescara, a few lively evenings in town. And it still looks as good as the day I bought it.

But there's no room for compassion in an evolving wardrobe. You have to be tough on yourself.

Soon it will be on the back of another proud owner. Gone, but not forgotten.

SOLD

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment