Monday 7 December 2009

London to Paris on a trackbike? Rather you than me

LONDON TO PARIS from Amazing Grace on Vimeo.

I've thought about doing the London to Paris bike ride many a time before. The closest I have got is the Essex 100, which is the equivalent to one stage of the London to Paris.

By the time I'd finished that, I was done. Every sinew in my body was killing me. And that was on a racer. To attempt a cycling feat of that magnitude on a fixed gear or a track bike? No gears, no freewheel, no brakes? That is madness. I'm wincing at the mere thought of it.

But that's what a bunch of fixed gear riders have done. The London to Paris on track bikes. That's more than madness, that's self harm.

The film's out now. The trailer is above.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment