Saturday 20 August 2011

Rapha Grand Tour mitts: wearing in Part One

For a while now I've been meaning to do a little series on items and the way they develop characteristics and become an extension of myself as they age.

Leather is an obvious candidate for this sort of thing so these new Grand Tour mitts from Rapha provide the perfect subject.

This is how they look after one 45 mile ride, and being white and unwashable I fully expect them to show every knock, bump, and piece of dirt that riding can throw at them as time goes on.

They are size medium and right now fit quite snug but are very comfortable. After a succesion of larges I now realise that this is the size I should have gone for all along.

Watching these mitts as they mature and then grow old and finally die is one journey we can all go on together.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment