Friday 23 July 2010

Arc'Terex Veilance Field Jacket: Rod not included

It's midsummer so my thoughts instinctively turned to my next winter jacket. I'd decided on an M65 - a timeless classic which had been thus far noticeably absent from my jacket armoury.

If I had wanted something accurate to the original US Army pattern I could have turned up an Alpha version, but I was after something a bit more technical. An M65 with 100 per cent water repellency and taped seams.

So my search turned up this - the Arc'Terex Veilance Field Jacket - an updated M65 in powder yellow Goretex Proshell fabric. It's actually from the spring summer collection, but would be fine with a liner and has all these nifty little features like snapless pockets and a 3D moulded collar to ensure a perfect fit.

What's more, the Canadian Arc'Terex has established itself as the premium outerwear brand, beloved of types who prefer to spend their days in a white out halfway up a mountain. It is also the brand that invented many of the features of modern outdoor wear, such as waterproof zips.

I ended up going for a Visvim Bickle, pictures to follow, more because I was after something more true to the original style. My decision was of course swayed by the fact that I have the Pollard insulator to button inside it.

But while I was weigihing up the benefits of the Arc'Terex Ryan sent these images to give me a better idea of the shade of yellow. For a moment I was tempted. But then a vision of a North Sea ea fisherman came into my mind, And at that moment I was decided on the Bickle.

Arc'Terex Veilance yellow Field Jacket available from the Inventory and The Glade

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment