Monday 26 October 2009

Nike Air Royal mid quickstrike: A workboot looking trainer thing


It's been a while since a pair of Nike trainers has got me very excited. The last truly memorable time has to be when I spotted a pair of Un-Tiffany Dunks in the now defunct Bonds skate shop off Carnaby Street.

Those trainers stopped me dead in my tracks. I was almost licking the window to get a closer look. They weren't my size. Eventualy a pair made its way over from Japan.

Many trainers have come and gone since the Un-Tiffany Dunks. Mainly other Dunks. But they all came a poor second to those turquoise-and-grey-with-3M-reflective-crocodile-skin wonders.

Since then I have often found myself staring at my now greatly diminished Nike trainer collection and pondered if such a genius creation would ever be repeated. Granted, many legendary colourways had come along prior to the Un-Tiffanys, not least the Tiffany Dunks themselves, but it seemed as if that release just might have been Nike's last finest moment.

And just when I thought all hope was lost, Nike goes and pulls it out of the bag. Today I have been made aware, thanks to Marcus Troy, of the Nike Air Royal Quickstrike.

Just look at these. These are everything I want in a trainer. Nice subtle leather uppers, pristine white soles, minimal branding, and those eyelets. It's like a Dunked-up work boot, or a work boot that's been Dunked perhaps. Except it isn't a Dunk. Or a work boot.

I don't know what they are to tell you the truth

But my feet need them.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment