Saturday 21 August 2010

Dunhill shirt: They got it right this time

It's getting more and more diffficult to find anything decent by Dunhill these days, such is the kiss of death that designer Kim Jones manages to give to everything he touches, although to say he killed Umbro is a bit of an exaggeration - it would be more accurate to say he mercifully put it to sleep.

But seek and ye shall find, as they say, and after some considerable rummaging in the Bourdon House flagship store the other week I unearthed this shirt.

The untrained eye might see a sky blue business shirt here, but this is much less formal than that. Relaxed collars, an 'engineered' European fit, and the addition of a bit of canvas to the placket, has ensured this is already a well-established piece of my sartorial armoury.

Which makes me think that Kim Jones can still pull it off now and then.

My only regret is that I didn't get any more when I had the chance.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment