Wednesday 1 September 2010

Jaguar XKSS: A rear end fit for a McQueen

I once saw an old picture of Steve McQueen at home sitting on one of his cars. All this time I thought that rolling flank belonged to his Porsche 550 Spyder and I have coveted one ever since.

But I think I have been mistaken, because I never realised McQueen owned a Jaguar XKSS. I realise that was the very rear-end he was perched upon. I should have guessed really, because this is one of the most beautiful cars ever produced, and if it had wheels and looked good, you can guarantee McQueen would have owned it.

His car is in the lineup above. Don't ask me which one it is.

When you look at the state of the British motor industry today it's hard to believe we could have come up with such a handsome machine.

Unfortunatey, because it was British, only 16 survive. They all made it to Pebble Beach in Florida for this reunion though.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment