Tuesday 14 September 2010

Kim Jones: Steering the good ship Dunhill no more

After a couple of years of doing jack all for Dunhill, Kim Jones is leaving.

As I said in a previous post, the sum total of garments I have taken a fancy to during his tenure has been one shirt, with a lined placket. Other than that it's been entirely unremarkable.

I would love to know if this is the reason Jude Law parted company with the brand - after all, you're not going to want to endorse something that looks like it should be on the rails of M&S. Whatever, he's gone too.

Still, out with the old and all that. Now all they've got to do is sort that website out.

That berk they have modelling stuff in their online store couldn't sell lolipops in the Sahara as far as I am concerned.

* Note: This post has been toned down slightly following a comment from a reader who seemed to take quite an exception to it. Seeing as this reader chose to remain anonymous and also to flower his prose with appendage related insults, I will not give him the pleasure of seeing it published. I would also imagine, given the tone of that comment, that he is either Kim Jones himself or someone who works at Dunhill. Which leads me to think that maybe I touched a nerve. Hopefully he will take note.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment