Thursday 1 April 2010

Kick-Ass: Saying it like it is


I saw Kick-Ass last night. Probably the best couple of hours I've spent in a cinema in years.

It's always funny to hear an 11-year-old utter the phrase "come on you c***s", even if it might not be such a good idea to encourage that kind of language in kids.

Which got me thinking. The best superhero films can really be defined by their one-liners, which, however cheesy, manage to lodge themselves in your cranium.

So off the top of my head I'm going to hit you with five that have managed to stick around for me. This isn't a top five - there will definitely be sharper, more witty ones. But here are a few from my favourite superhero films (which essentially comprise Batman and Iron Man).

1: "Wait till they get a load of me," The Joker, Batman, 1989. Repeated in Kick-Ass.

2: "Give me back my face!" Watchmen

3: "This town needs an enema", The Joker, Batman, 1989

4: "In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon" Watchmen

5: "Give me a scotch. I'm starving." Tony Stark, Iron Man

6: "Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk." Tony Stark, Iron Man

7: "Sir, it appears his suit can fly." Iron Man

8: "Why do we fall down Master Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up again". Thomas Wayne to his son Bruce, Batman Begins

Add your own as you see fit.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment