Tuesday 24 November 2009

The Brooklyn Circus: My dream shop in reality

I spend many an hour daydreaming about running my own store and what I might stock it with, and how I would ensure a steady flow of customers.

In my mind's eye my store would stock all my favourite labels, from all areas of retail - some clothes, art, furniture. But above all the store would be cosy and inviting, like one of those curiosity emporiums you might find down a back alley.

Never have I set foot in anything close to my dream store, but now it seems that Marcus Troy has, because he has told me about the Brooklyn Circus.

This is apparently quite an institution in Brooklyn, which, given the fact that I haven't been that side of the Atlantic in four years is most likely why it had escaped my attention.

One look at Marcus's photos is enough to make me want to get flight over there right now.

For more pics and a first person report, visit Marcus Troy's blog

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment