Sunday 1 November 2009

Time of the month Supersonic Halloween Special: the aftermath

I know you're all desperate to know what I looked like for that Supersonic Halloween Special party at the Sunrooms in Southend, so I present you my gloriously ghoulish self.

You will note the hand touched-up crappy skeleton suit, receiver of more than one comment on its Donnie Darko authenticity - I do believe I told one person it was the actual suit from the film.

I think the professionalism of my makeup application is self evident, and was borne out when we got to the door of the club to be complemented on my "look" while Lizzie almost didn't get in because the bouncer wasn't sure she qualified as wearing fancy dress. Ha!

And do you know what? There wasn't a single other Donnie Darko inspired character there. The Joker was everywhere you looked, as were a variety of hockey masks, and full points have to go to Neil, who spent the evening parading around in a Mexican wrestler mask and cape. The mask prohibited the wearing of his glasses, so he stumbled around like a masked mole trying to identify people.

My favourite outift of the night had to be the bloke who dressed himself entirely in black and turned himself into a stick man through the use of glowsticks. An inspired look which worked wonders on the dark dancefloor. Until one of his legs fell off.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment