Monday 30 November 2009

Ian Brown rocks the Cliffs Pavilion

Talking of monkeys, had an encounter with my favourite ape tonight. It's not very often that you get Ian Brown playing at your local venue, so hell or high water wouldn't have stopped me going to see him at the Cliffs Pavilion in Westcliff.

Now I'm a big fan of Ian Brown. I don't think he's ever made a bad tune. On top of that I credit him with a lot of the inspiration I've taken in the direction of my dressing. I know I wouldn't have had such an obsession with Bathing Ape if it wasn't for him.

Mind you, Ian Brown's dress sense certainly wasn't what had rubbed off on the fan in front of me. That fella was obviously more interested in the singer's trademark dance - circa Stone Roses.

This bloke, with his black and white tracksuit top zipped up to the neck, was having it. Arms out, leaning so far back he was almost horizontal, he Madchester marched through the entire gig, from M13 to F.E.A.R to the wicked Fools Gold encore and the penultimate Stellify.

That man might have been from Essex, but tonight, he had Manchester in his heart.

As for the Monkey Man himself, he put on a rousing performance, and it was heartening to see his dress style was still an inspiration. It was difficult to tell what he was rocking in terms of brands, but at a guess it was a W)Taps tee, zipped marl grey hoodie, Fragment jeans, Didn't catch the kicks. Oh and those shades that he always wears. Legend.

If you're wondering what that blurry thing is at the top of the post, that is my Blackberry's pathetic attempt at taking a picture. Don't get one.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment