Thursday 26 November 2009

On this: Micro turnups

This super tiny turn-up thing is something I've been seeing a bit more of recently. It first came to my attention in the summer.

Maybe it's a follow on from the bike craze sweeping London - roll up your troos so they don't get wrecked by your chain.

Whatever, it must play havoc with your ankles, especially with winter knocking on the door.

This is a look I wish I could rock, but somehow I just can't see myself being able to step out with my head held high knowing that a sizeable proportion of my white, hairy ankles were on show, like a chicken leg waiting to be put in the oven.

And while we're at it, a quick style note: If you discover your friend (you can just see him behind) has also rolled up his trousers in the exact same manner, decide which of you is going to unroll them. Because when it's two of you standing there with turn-ups like this, the look transforms from cool and street to children's TV presenter double act. And no one wants that, do they?

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment