Friday 27 November 2009

Visvim C Pollard: Winter unveiling

Just to let you know, winter's here. Gales, storms, tornados, fire, brimstone, we've got the lot. It seems like it was only last month that we were basking in the soothing rays of an Indian summer. That's because it was.

But all that is so yesterday now that the chill winds are whipping up from the estuary. Time for the annual ritual of digging out my winter wardrobe.

This consists of the coats and jackets that I really can't wear all year round, unless I want to look like someone without a home. Obviously the scarves have been out for a couple of weeks now, and those damn Visvim Serra boots, which I might actually have broken in by May 2011.

But now it's time for phase two of the winter wardrobe unveiling. Thick wool overcoats, fine knit sweaters for work, and my favourite winter piece of all time, the Visvim C Pollard insulator jacket.

This is essentially a bomber jacket which weighs about a gram, is filled with this hollowfibre stuff that is toasty and windproof all in one, and which folds away into its own little pocket, although the only time I tried to do that it burst a stitch.

The Pollard comes out when the weather gets really nasty. It's like the security guard of my wardrobe, there to see me through the bleakest times.

Come on winter, let's see how hard you are now.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment