Tuesday 25 May 2010

Band of Outsiders for Sperry penny loafers: I say!

I have been rather impressed with the bargain Sperry Topsiders I bought a few weeks ago. Soft as you like and perfect for a sockless summer.

That's probably why I've given these penny loafers a second glance. This is Band of Outsiders' version, in a canvas not unlike the type used in Visvim's Moc Abarth Folk.

Possibly a bit pimp daddy for some tastes in that natural cream colourway, and guaranteed to draw dirt to them like a magnet but a nice release all the same from the inventor of the deck shoe. Even now I'm picturing a bar on a dock in the south of France, martini in hand, fake tan on my shins, a lady on one arm, these on my feet.

This is the latest in a series of colabs with Band of Outsiders, and the previous ones are also worth tracking down.

But it's the striped sole that makes these stand out. Nice touch.

Available at Caliroots


Via Selectism

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment