Tuesday 19 October 2010

Moncler V Collection: Taking the high ground

OK I admit it. I was wrong to think for one minute that Hiroki Nakamura's Visvim collaboration with Moncler was a mistake.

But I didn't have a lot of faith in Moncler back in February. For me it was a jumped up ski brand offering nothing but puffy jackets favoured by moonboot wearers.

So little interest did I have that I hadn't even bothered to find out if it was actually any good. After all, it has been around since 1852, so it must know a thing or two about keeping people warm up mountains.

But it now has my full attention - initiated by the Visvim announcement and then by the release of the Gamme Bleu collection, which welcomed the dandy back to cycling, complete with racing stripes.

This brand obviously a bit more than a pink puffa up its sleeve, and I can now vouch for the quality myself after I picked up one of the Moncler V Wasi jackets the other day. It was the Action Man mountaineer thing that got me.

This collection might be more Visvim style and manufacture with Moncler branding, but it does the trick for me. Pics of the jacket to follow, but in the meantime feast your eyes on this high altitude selection and try to stop yourself mounting an expedition to Liberty to grab something of your own.










People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment