Monday 13 April 2009

Cycle log 10/04

No matter how hard I try, I still can't rise early enough to set off on a ride before the roads get clogged with cars. I know the rewards of something like a 6am start will far outweigh the inconvenience of getting out of bed, but it just doesn't happen.

Good Friday was the perfect case in point. It is one of those days when people don't really kow what to do with themselves. It is the only bank holiday Friday ion the year and it seems to throw people out. They just don't know what to do with themselves. I lay there in bed, not a car passing the window, thinking 'if I get out now, I'll have the roads to myself.' Then I nodded off for another half-an-hour.

I ended up getting on the road by about 9.30am which wasn't so bad in terms of traffic, but I couldn't help wondering what an empty road would be like.

One of these days I'll make that 6am start, but something tells me it won't be any time soon.

Time:1hr 25mins
Distance: 24.67miles
Average: 17.2mph
Max: 31.6mph

Rapha clobber:
Cap
Team jersey
Fixed shorts
Grand tour gloves
Merino socks
Arm warmers

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment