Sunday 15 March 2009

Cycle log 14/03/09

Too much else going on for a ride of any substance so pulled one of the stock routes out of the bag - a straightforward sprint along the seafront to Shoebury and back. This is now so regular that I can race the clock and try to beat my previous best time.

The bike had just been serviced and was running like a dream, and the weather was gorgeous - a bit overcast but deliciously warm for the time of year. I was even getting a bit hot in the softshell jacket.

Trouble is, the world had woken up by the time I set of at 11am. Makes for a much less enjoyable ride. Non stop traffic, combined with the pleasure cyclists who like to dawdle along at 10mph, often in whole family groups. That's why the rouleurs like to get on the road as early as possible, before anyone else starts clogging them up.

So a ride of frustration more than anything. All the same I beat my time, and there's always tomorrow to get a decent ride in.

Oh yeah, beat my previous best by a stonking 3 minutes, although I guess that wouldn't be difficult given last week's gale force winds.

Time: 50.51 minutes
Distance: 13.99 miles
Average: 16.5mph
Max: 37.6mph

Rapha clobber:
Fixed l/s top
Fixed shorts
Racing cap
Softshell jacket
Softshell gloves
Merino socks

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment