Tuesday 2 March 2010

Futura: The Lego pieces



It must be great being a recognised artist. Once you reach that status where people actually want to buy what you create you have a free rein to go off and do just about anything you want and call it art.

Take Futura. Perhaps one of New York's better-known graffiti artists, after a spell in the army which couldn't have been much fun, he has spent much of his career doing what he likes and then selling it.

Using this very mantra he has, in no particular order, painted subway cars, walls and anything that gets in the way, provided the artwork for Unkle, produced his own clothing line, and done countless other things I probably don't even know about.

This time he's decided to play with some Lego. I mean who wouldn't? Especially when you can build stuff like train sets and alien assault rifles.

Ever felt you're missing out on something?

ALIEN ASSAULT RIFLES COURTESY OF LENNY MCGURR & LEGO. from tabatha mcgurr on Vimeo.

Via Freshness via Slamxhype

People who read this post also read :



5 comments:

  1. thank you very much MR. HUTSON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you Futura? That'll teach me for trying to be clever.

    And thankYOU. For looking. And if you ever do come back here, please read this:

    http://openzedoor.blogspot.com/2009/12/futura-i-blame-him-for-everything.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. MR. HUTSON. please send me a DELIVERY address and a SNEAKER size. I'd love to send you a small package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leonard. I have replied to your comment via Gmail. Should you not receive that reply, you can contact me via the contact button at the top right of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to explain that previous comment, I need you to email me before I can reply to you. Your Blogger profile is blocked and for security reasons it's best I don't publish my address on here. I already receive too many pizza flyers.

    ReplyDelete