Sunday 7 March 2010

On Golden Square part 1: Nordic Bakery

There's a little oasis in the West End of London, between Carnaby Street and Piccadilly Circus that maintains a pleasant immunity from the tourist hoards.

During the week Golden Square is a media hub, full of brainstorming skinny-jeaned executives and radio ad people, but on the weekend it's so quiet you can almost hear the birds singing.

Here you will find the Nordic Bakery - all pastries, smoked salmon and general good stuff. And with Norway being the coffee drinking capital of the Northern Hemisphere, it's no wonder they serve up one of the best cups of coffee I've tasted in London. Order one to accompany your gravlax on rye and white chocolate cookie (it's the thing that looks like a plate of sick below. Tastes lovely).

People who read this post also read :



2 comments:

  1. I know it's not within the same area, but out of the two, I prefer http://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/ Check it out if you haven't done so already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make sure I visit that next time I'm in town. Thanks Rich

    ReplyDelete