Monday 22 February 2010

The Arches, Southend: Pap free zone

This is a picture of some awnings, down at the Arches in Southend. Notice anything unusual? Any familiar faces? No?

Well you wouldn't. It could have been a picture of Pill Jupitus, the closest thing Leigh-on-Sea has got to a household name, unless you count Helen Mirren, and I'm not sure she still lives down here.

But there is an absence of any minor celebrities in this shot, in fact the absence of anyone at all really, because as I set it up, unwittingly framing Jupitus in the process, Lizzie pointed him out to me, and then informed me that "he's probably not going to want his picture taken."

It's not like Jupitus gets papped. He has to have one of the most unremarkable lives outside TV. He's not even worth the effort of following. Not that I do that, of course. He was sitting there with his kids, wearing a pair of shades, and a scowl. That said, someone might have been interested because I just found him on Twitter and he's got 61,000 followers.

But I moved anyway, for Lizzie. So if you imagine me taking this shot, Phill Jupitus is directly behind me, in the opposite direction to where my camera is pointing.

He got non-papped. And he probably doesn't even realise it. He doesn't know he ruined my shot. It might not even have been him. I should have told him to get out of the way.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment