Monday 8 February 2010

A trench or not a trench. That is the question

I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to trench coats, or at least what defines a trench coat. For one they should be double breasted, and belted, with a raglan sleeve.

So the big question here has to be: does this Stone Island trench actually qualify? And if it doesn't then what is it? A mac? An overcoat?

It does, after all, have the epaulettes, and I'm sure there's a belt lurking around the back there somewhere.

Stone Island call it a trench, and it certainly has a nice length and cut to it. I'd have to get rid of that arm patch though, don't want any terrace associations.

And while we're at it, maybe someone ought to have a word with that fella about his jeans.

If you want one, click on that CP link on the left.

As a side note, I have been assured the trench does indeed come with a belt. And here is the picture to prove it. Sold!

People who read this post also read :



1 comment:

  1. I don't have a trench coat! I've no idea why though I'm not short on most clothing items well except for boots (shh, don't tell anyone but I only have one pair, but somehow I can wear ankle boots and long-ish boots). How you ask I just roll my ordinary boots down and there you have it ankle boots!

    Bye
    From Dolly
    http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete