Friday 22 January 2010

Shop: The bargain bucket

I'm having a clear out of some storage boxes and there are all these clothes I forgot I owned. So I'm thinking if I've gone so long without wearing them that I'd forgotten I owned them, then someone else could probably make better use of them.

So here's the bargain bucket. Don't expect anything spectacular - a lot of this stuff was collected along the way, as it were, and no longer figures in my wardrobe.

But it's all decent quality and in wearable condition.

Auctions end on January 27.

Levi's Red Billy Bob jeans vintage wide leg

These are about as far from skinny as you can get without going full on flared. They have that worn a million times wash. I didn't but I did wear them enough to scuff the backs up.

MHI hooded parka, M Black

This has seen better days, but MHI and Maharishi always looks a bit worn in when you first buy it anyway. Nothing nasty in terms of wear, just a bit of general fading.

Bathing Ape L/S top

Why did I even buy this? It's orange for god's sake. With ginger hair it made me look like I should have been working at Charlie's Chocolate Factory. On the plus side, it's barely been worn.

John Smedley Merino wool sweater L

Here's another one that didn't get much wear. It seemed like a good idea but it always felt a bit bold, to be honest. Lovely colours though, and perfect if you like a stripe in your outfit.

D&G wide legged jeans

Now these have done some time. Back in the day (about a decade ago) these never left my legs. Which is probably why I chose to hang on to them for all these years. Again, these are the perfect antidote to skinny.

William Hunt cashmere cardigan, gold L

I love a bit of cashmere, and with the cotton to give it the wearability this is almost cardie perfection, I wouldn't be offloading it if it didn't fit me. I'm also listing a chocolate brown one. Same reason applies.

Nicole Farhi SS summer shirt, salmon

Lovely quality, lovely shirt, again the wrog colour for me. I go through life thinking I can wear any shade, but some things just don't suit. Salmon is one of them. Someone's going to be rocking this all summer.

Penguin striped polo shirt M

Bit of a vintage prep look going on with this, As I was listing it I was wondering if I could work it into any of the outfits I wear now. I probably could, but then again it might sit unworn in a box for another five years, so it's going.

Modern Amusement striped polo shirt M

This is such a good looking polo, and it looks so bad on me it's unbelievable. There's a lesson here for anyone rocking a ginger bonce. Avoid orange and related shades. It's a minefield. Great details on the shirt though.

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment